What is the Disruptive Innovation Festival?
The Disruptive Innovation Festival (DIF) is an online platform which aims to shift mindsets and inspire action towards a circular economy.
It invites people to share disruptive ideas and stories on a number of topics and attracts a worldwide audience, sparking critical conversations and participation through a combination of live interviews, films, and podcasts.
When is it on?
6th - 23rd November 2018
Where can I join?
The DIF is fully accessibly online at thinkdif.co.
Who is behind it?
The DIF is curated by the Ellen MacArthur Foundation, a non-profit organisation whose mission is to accelerate the transition to a circular economy.
Who contributes at the DIF?
The DIF shares disruptive ideas and stories on a number of topics to spark conversations with a global audience.
Types of sessions include:
- DIF Studio - live sessions from the Ellen MacArthur Foundation studio.
- DIF on Air - live sessions streamed via Google Hangouts.
- DIF Films - pre-recorded visual content.
- DIF Podcasts - pre-recorded audio conversations.
Sessions featured at the DIF are often organised by external organisations who showcase their latest thinking and activities. Universities, companies, entrepreneurs, thought-leaders and authors have all been regular contributors to the DIF in recent years.
Are sessions in different languages?
The DIF’s working language is English. However, some pre-recorded content may also be subtitled in other languages.
Why is it free?
The DIF is a crowdsourced event which provides empowering open access for contributors who want to showcase their new ideas, thinking and initiatives with a global audience.
My DIF Account
The DIF is an open access event, however we do recommend getting a My DIF account which will provide you with the full DIF experience including:
Running up to the DIF:
- Regular DIF newsletters - preceding the live DIF we only send out newsletters every other month - so we promise we won't spam your inbox!
- Receive an alert when the call for speakers opens and apply to host a session
During the DIF:
- Recommended sessions based on your own interests
- The ability to bookmark the sessions you want to attend and create your own schedule
- Be part of an enriching discussion with the comment feature enabled on every session page
After the DIF:
- Access DIF on Demand and get an extra month to watch any sessions you missed after the Festival ends
Register here for your My DIF account to access extra benefits and supercharge your DIF experience!
Speak at the DIF 2018
Share your ideas and innovations with a global audience. The DIF team are on the look-out for entrepreneurs, designers, educators and other innovators who would like to speak at DIF 2018.
Head to the Apply to Speak page to submit an application.
Call for speakers closes on the 1st October 2018.
Meet the DIF Team
Find out about each member of the DIF team and the part they play to put together and run the largest online Festival of ideas.
Stay up to date
Follow the DIF on Twitter @ThinkDIF_ and join the conversation using #thinkdif
Like the DIF Facebook page for updates and backstage glimpses
Subscribe to the DIF newsletter for the latest insights and information